Corsets are the perfect festival fashion statement. They're stylish, sexy, and unique. But not everyone knows how to wear one properly.
In this post, we'll show you how to style a corset for any festival. From Coachella to Burning Man, we've got you covered.
Picking the Right Corset
Here are a few tips on picking the right corset for your needs:
- Decide what look you're going for. Are you going for a sexy, bombshell vibe? Or would you rather look more like a gothic lolita? Once you know what style you're aiming for, it'll be easier to find the right corset.
- Consider your body type. Not all corsets are created equal; some styles flatter certain body types more than others. Do your research and find one that will suit you.
- Think about what type of material you want. Corsets come in all sorts of materials, from satin to vinyl to lace. Pick the one that best suits your style and needs.
What to pair with a corset
There are endless possibilities when it comes to styling a corset, but we've narrowed it down to a few of our favorite looks.
If you're going for a sexy, bombshell look, pair your corset with a mini skirt or high-waisted shorts. For a more rock 'n' roll vibe, try jeans or leather pants. And if you're feeling particularly adventurous, why not try a corset over your favorite dress?
The key to styling a corset is to keep the rest of your look simple. For example, if you're wearing a mini skirt, go for a plain T-shirt or tank top. And remember, accessories are always key! Add a statement necklace or some cool earrings to really make your outfit pop.
How to Accessorize Your Corset
- Hats: A wide brimmed sun hat or fedora can add a boho-chic touch to your look.
- Jewelry: A statement necklace or earrings can add some glamor, while a choker gives an edgy vibe.
- Scarves: Drape a colorful scarf around your neck or tie it in your hair for a boho-inspired look.
- Shoes: Spice up a plain corset with a pair of funky shoes, like platform sandals or stilettos.
How to Style Your Hair to Go With Your Corset
If you're looking for some inspiration, here are a few of our favorite hairstyles for raves:
-Buns: A sleek bun is a great way to show off your corset and keep your hair out of your face.
-Braids: French braids, Dutch braids, fishtail braids—the possibilities are endless!
- Waves: Long, loose waves are always a popular choice for festivals.
- Ponytails: A high ponytail or low ponytail can give your look a more casual vibe.
Makeup Tips to Complement Your Corset
For a classic look, pair your corset with a smoky eye and nude lip. This will create a sultry, timeless vibe.
For a more modern look, try using bright colors in your makeup. This will contrast well with the black of your corset and add some fun flair to your outfit.
No matter what style you choose, be sure to keep your skin hydrated and well-protected from the sun. A good moisturizer and sunscreen are essential for festival season.
You've got your corset, now what? Here are a few different ways to style it for your next festival.
1. The Boho Look: Pair your corset with a flowing skirt and some cute sandals for a boho-chic look.
2. The Glamorous Look: Add some glamor to your corset with a sequin skirt and some high heels.
3. The sexy look: Skintight jeans and a crop top are the perfect way to show off your corset.
4. The edgy look: Amp up the edge factor with a leather jacket and some punk rock shoes.